Dillon out for Boston College's game at No. 23 NC State
- UCF up to 9th in CFP, top 4 unchanged
- Michigan may have edge on D vs. Ohio St.
- Grier, West Virginia ready for Oklahoma
- Washington State eyes Pac-12 North title
- UMass parting ways with coach Whipple
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) Boston College running back AJ Dillon won't play at No. 23 North Carolina State on Saturday after injuring his left ankle last weekend.
In an email Saturday, team spokesman Jason Baum said Dillon didn't make the trip to Raleigh.
The 6-foot, 245-pound sophomore ranks fifth in the Bowl Subdivision ranks in rushing at 130.4 yards per game. The Eagles are 9-3 in the 12 games since Dillon became the starter last October at Louisville.
Coach Steve Addazio had said this week that Dillon would be a game-time decision.
More AP college football: http://apnews.com/tag/collegefootball and http://www.twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated October 6, 2018