|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Kamara scores 15th goal, Crew tie Sporting KC 1-1
European Football Headlines
- Benzema to stay with Real Madrid until end of 2021 season
- Morgan scores twice as US women beat New Zealand 5-0
- Russia regains FIFA Council seat after Mutko's ouster
- UEFA president wants lawmakers to help make soccer fairer
- Augsburg captain Baier called to explain obscene gesture
- Messi nets 4 goals to keep Barcelona with perfect record
- Klopp angry as Liverpool eliminated from League Cup
- Martinez, Atlanta look to take advantage of struggling LA
- James stars for Bayern Munich in Bundesliga win at Schalke
- Toronto FC looks to dominate rival Montreal
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Ola Kamara scored his 15th goal of the season in first-half stoppage time and the Columbus Crew tied Sporting Kansas City 1-1 on Sunday.
Columbus (13-12-4) had lost six of its last seven regular-season games in the series. Kansas City (10-6-11) snapped a two-game road losing streak.
Kamara headed in Pedro Santos's corner kick to move within four goals of New York City FC's David Villa for the Golden Boot award.
Cristian Lobato opened the scoring in the 19th minute with his first MLS goal. Columbus defender Jonathan Mensah misplayed a long free kick by Matt Besler and Lobato capitalized with a calm shot past Zack Steffen. Lobato, a Spanish midfielder, was playing in just his sixth league game.
Sporting KC goalkeeper Tim Melia has only allowed a goal or less in five straight games, leading to 11 team points.
Updated September 10, 2017