|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Kamara scores 15th goal, Crew tie Sporting KC 1-1
European Football Headlines
- Jesse Lingard's goal gives England 1-0 win over Netherlands
- France's poor defending exposed again as Colombia wins 3-2
- Without Messi, Argentina beats Italy 2-0 in friendly
- 'Welcome to Zlatan': Ibrahimovic makes play for LA's heart
- Ronaldo scores twice in added time, Portugal beats Egypt 2-1
- Germany, Spain both impress in 1-1 World Cup warm-up draw
- NWSL opening sixth season on Saturday
- Dutch police detain 90 England supporters for violence
- Former England coach threatened female official with pole
- Australia World Cup preparations off to bad start in Norway
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Ola Kamara scored his 15th goal of the season in first-half stoppage time and the Columbus Crew tied Sporting Kansas City 1-1 on Sunday.
Columbus (13-12-4) had lost six of its last seven regular-season games in the series. Kansas City (10-6-11) snapped a two-game road losing streak.
Kamara headed in Pedro Santos's corner kick to move within four goals of New York City FC's David Villa for the Golden Boot award.
Cristian Lobato opened the scoring in the 19th minute with his first MLS goal. Columbus defender Jonathan Mensah misplayed a long free kick by Matt Besler and Lobato capitalized with a calm shot past Zack Steffen. Lobato, a Spanish midfielder, was playing in just his sixth league game.
Sporting KC goalkeeper Tim Melia has only allowed a goal or less in five straight games, leading to 11 team points.
Updated September 10, 2017