|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Kamara scores 15th goal, Crew tie Sporting KC 1-1
European Football Headlines
- AP Source: Man City ends interest in signing Alexis Sanchez
- Man United beats Stoke 3-0, reduces City's lead to 12 points
- Castro gives Betis win over Leganes on return to Spain
- Olympiakos leads Greek league after coach's winning debut
- FIFA sends whistleblower questions after doping intel review
- Mkhitaryan left out by Man U amid uncertainty over future
- Tottenham recalls Carter-Vickers from Sheffield United
- Stoke City-Manchester United Preview
- Stoke hires Paul Lambert to end frustrating search for coach
- At halfway point, Barcelona cruising and Madrid reeling
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Ola Kamara scored his 15th goal of the season in first-half stoppage time and the Columbus Crew tied Sporting Kansas City 1-1 on Sunday.
Columbus (13-12-4) had lost six of its last seven regular-season games in the series. Kansas City (10-6-11) snapped a two-game road losing streak.
Kamara headed in Pedro Santos's corner kick to move within four goals of New York City FC's David Villa for the Golden Boot award.
Cristian Lobato opened the scoring in the 19th minute with his first MLS goal. Columbus defender Jonathan Mensah misplayed a long free kick by Matt Besler and Lobato capitalized with a calm shot past Zack Steffen. Lobato, a Spanish midfielder, was playing in just his sixth league game.
Sporting KC goalkeeper Tim Melia has only allowed a goal or less in five straight games, leading to 11 team points.
Updated September 10, 2017