|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Whitecaps beat Minnesota United 3-0 to take MLS West lead
European Football Headlines
- Jesse Lingard's goal gives England 1-0 win over Netherlands
- France's poor defending exposed again as Colombia wins 3-2
- Without Messi, Argentina beats Italy 2-0 in friendly
- 'Welcome to Zlatan': Ibrahimovic makes play for LA's heart
- Ronaldo scores twice in added time, Portugal beats Egypt 2-1
- Germany, Spain both impress in 1-1 World Cup warm-up draw
- NWSL opening sixth season on Saturday
- Dutch police detain 90 England supporters for violence
- Former England coach threatened female official with pole
- Australia World Cup preparations off to bad start in Norway
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) Yordy Reyna and Brek Shea each had a goal and an assist and the Vancouver Whitecaps beat Minnesota United 3-0 on Wednesday night to join Portland atop the Western Conference standings.
Erik Hurtado also scored for Vancouver (13-9-5). The Whitecaps and Timbers each have 44 points, but Vancouver has the tiebreaker with one more victory - and has played two fewer games. Seattle is third with 43.
David Ousted made just one save for his sixth shutout of the season.
Reyna opened the scoring in the fifth minute, and teamed with Shea to set up Hurtado's goal in the 31st. Shea scored in the 88th.
Expansion Minnesota dropped to 7-15-5.
Updated September 14, 2017