|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Whitecaps beat Minnesota United 3-0 to take MLS West lead
European Football Headlines
- AP Source: Man City ends interest in signing Alexis Sanchez
- Man United beats Stoke 3-0, reduces City's lead to 12 points
- Castro gives Betis win over Leganes on return to Spain
- Olympiakos leads Greek league after coach's winning debut
- FIFA sends whistleblower questions after doping intel review
- Mkhitaryan left out by Man U amid uncertainty over future
- Tottenham recalls Carter-Vickers from Sheffield United
- Stoke City-Manchester United Preview
- Stoke hires Paul Lambert to end frustrating search for coach
- At halfway point, Barcelona cruising and Madrid reeling
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) Yordy Reyna and Brek Shea each had a goal and an assist and the Vancouver Whitecaps beat Minnesota United 3-0 on Wednesday night to join Portland atop the Western Conference standings.
Erik Hurtado also scored for Vancouver (13-9-5). The Whitecaps and Timbers each have 44 points, but Vancouver has the tiebreaker with one more victory - and has played two fewer games. Seattle is third with 43.
David Ousted made just one save for his sixth shutout of the season.
Reyna opened the scoring in the fifth minute, and teamed with Shea to set up Hurtado's goal in the 31st. Shea scored in the 88th.
Expansion Minnesota dropped to 7-15-5.
Updated September 14, 2017